Aug12 Must to have WordPress Plugins for SEO
Posted by Joy | 3 Comments
WordPress is the only web software built by hundreds of community volunteers that enables the user to use thousands of plug-ins and themes to transform your site into almost anything which you can ever imagine. It is the best CMS solution with number of functionality using WordPress plug-ins. Plug-ins offer custom functions and features so that each user can tailor their site to their specific needs. Here are 12 must to have WordPress plug-ins which are specially meant to optimize your WordPress SEO to track its better performance and improve the minor usability issues.
1. All in One SEO Packs – This great tool that optimizes your blog including the titles and the META tags so that search engines will find your site easily. This plug-in also helps you avoid duplicate content found in blogs. With this pack, you can easily modify, fix and tweak everything.
2. Automatic SEO Links – This feature enables you to choose a word and a URL to replace all matches for automatic linking in the posts of your blog. You can also know every moment i.e. how many times a word has been changed. It changes the words in plain text, if it finds a word in a link, title or header, it would not be replaced. In case this plug-in finds more of once the same word in a post, it will only change the first one. This is to avoid black SEO and inconveniences to the users.
3. Google XML sitemaps – An essential tool in any blogger’s armory of SEO tools. While the name only mentions “Google,” this plug-in creates an XML-sitemap that can be read by Ask, MSN and Yahoo also. Google XML sitemaps plug-in is very easy to use and improves your blog’s visibility on the Internet in the eyes of the Search engines. A sitemap is basically an easy way to help the search engine bots to crawl your website or blog effectively. XML sitemaps help search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing to index your content effectively. With sitemaps, you can tell Google, Bing and other search engines about web pages, images and video content on your site that they may otherwise not discover. The plug-in supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs.
4. Meta Robots WordPress plug-ins – This plug-in controls the indexing behavior of search engines for any post or page and enhances the on page SEO of your blog. It gives full control of the Meta robots tag for each post or page.
• Allows you to add the no index, follow robots Meta tag in your post or pages to prevent their indexing in search engines, while still following the links on that page.
• Useful in order to prevent the duplicate content issue in your Blog and allows you to add the no index Meta tag to all your category, tag and archives pages.
• Allows you to add the no index tag to login, register and other admin pages to prevent their indexing in search engines.
• Gives options to add the nodp and nodir robots meta tag so that search engine will not follow the Dmoz and yahoo directory description of your Blog.
• Enables you to prevent the indexing of your comments’ feeds.
• You can edit the .htaccess and robots txt file within your WordPress admin panel.
5. Platinum SEO Packs – Platinum SEO plug-in offers complete onsite SEO solutions for your WordPress blog. It is designed to act as an improved version of the All in One SEO Pack. This plug-in fully automates the optimization process and also offers a powerful on-site SEO tool which helps make your WordPress site more visible in search engine results. The Platinum SEO Pack is compatible with most other WP SEO plug-ins like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior etc. On the other hand, you may experience crashes and compatibility issues if you try to run it concurrently with the All in One SEO Pack.
Features : -
• Automatically creates SEO-friendly meta-tags
• Uses SEO best practices to optimize your website content
• Screens out duplicate content on your website
• Allows you to add meta-descriptions and meta-keywords to any part of your website including posts, individual web pages, WordPress categories and Tag titles.
• Lets you change permalinks without experiencing any loss in page rank
6. SEO friendly and HTML valid subheadings – Some themes for WordPress will confuse your sub-header tags based on the page they are to be displayed on, but this plug-in will automatically reset them to make them more SEO friendly by moving them down one spot in the hierarchical tree. It resolves the issue by replacing subheading tags with the following on pages where the plug-in tag is added:
H2 into H3
H3 into H4
H4 into H5
H5 into H6
H6 into P.headingSix
7. SEO friendly images: – This plug-in provides a very simple way to auto update the tags for the Images. It automatically updates all images with proper ALT and TITLE features for SEO purposes. If your images do not have ALT and TITLE already set, SEO Friendly Images will add them according the options you set. Additionally this makes the post W3C/xHTML valid as well. ALT attribute is important part of search engine optimization. It describes your images to search engine and when a user searches for a certain image this is a key determining factor for a match. TITLE attribute play lesser role but is important for visitors as this text will automatically appear in the tooltip when mouse is over the image.
8. SEO title tags: – Your tags are an important part of your site for making sure that search engines know where to place your posts, and SEO Title Tag focuses exclusively on this. Unlike some other plug-ins, and WordPress itself, this extension will allow you to add tags to your pages, your main page and even any URL anywhere on your site.
• Mass editing of title tags for all posts, static pages, category pages, tag pages, tag conjunction pages, archive by month pages, – indeed, any URL – all in one go.
• Mass editing of slugs for all posts and static pages.
• Define the title tag of 404 error pages, also through Options -> SEO Title Tag.
• Define a custom title tag for your home page (or, more accurately, your Posts page, if you have chosen a static Front Page set under Options -> Reading), through the Options -> SEO Title Tag page in the WordPress admin.
• It handles internal search result pages.
9. Sitemap Generators: – This plug-in generates a customizable sitemap which you can add to any page on your site using a simple short code.
• Simple point-and-click setup from your WordPress dashboard.
• Lets you optionally include feeds, authors, pages, categories, tags, archives, and posts.
• Displays your posts organized by category.
• Lets you exclude individual pages, categories, tags, and posts. You can also exclude whole categories from the post listing.
• Integrated caching to speed up page load times.
10. SEO smart links: – SEO Smart Links provides automatic SEO benefits for your site in addition to custom keyword lists, no follow and much more. SEO Smart Links can automatically link keywords and phrases in your posts and comments with corresponding posts, pages, categories and tags on your blog. It allows you to set up your own keywords and set of matching URLs and set no follow attribute and open links in new window. It is a perfect solution to get your blog posts interlinked or add affiliate links to other sites.
11. W3 Total Cache: – Improve site performance and user experience via caching: browser, page, object, database, minify and content delivery network support. It is the fastest and most complete WordPress performance optimization plug-in. Trusted by many popular blogs like: mashable.com, pearsonified.com, noupe.com, webdesignerdepot.com, freelanceswitch.com, briansolis.com, tutsplus.com, yoast.com, css3.info and others — W3 Total Cache improves the user experience of your blog by improving your server performance, caching every aspect of your site, reducing the download time of your theme and providing transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration.
12. Redirection: – Redirection is a WordPress plug-in to manage 301 redirections, keep track of 404 errors, and generally tidy up any loose ends your site may have. This is particularly useful if you are migrating pages from an old website, or are changing the directory of your WordPress installation.
• 404 error monitoring – captures a log of 404 errors and allows you to easily map these to 301 redirects
• Custom ‘pass-through’ redirections allowing you to pass a URL through to another page, file, or website.
• Full logs for all redirected URLs
• All URLs can be redirected, not just ones that don’t exist
• Redirection methods – redirect based upon login status, redirect to random pages, redirect based upon the referrer!
No related posts.